Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Insomnia

It's amazing the things you think about when you wake up at 3 am and can't fall back asleep. Here's a typical night of sleeplessness for me.

  • What ever happened to all the good sitcoms? I realize we have Big Bang Theory (Kaley Cuoco makes everything better!) and How I Met Your Mother, but beyond that? I can remember the days of Murphy Brown, Roseanne, Cosby Show, Fresh Prince among others. While shows like Wipeout and Take the Money and Run are good nothing will ever replace the half hour sitcom as nightly entertainment.
  • Does Tony Romo actually suck that bad or does he owe the mafia? I am leaning towards he sucks but I've been wrong before.
  • Is there any way at all to make my name replace a common object, like Xerox has done for anything we ever copy and Coca Cola has done for most common sodas?
  • Why did they ever think Kirsten Dunst was a good Mary Jane Watson? Wasn't Mary Jane supposed to be kind of fiery and dominant? Kirsten was weak and annoying.
  • How different would my life be if I were 7 feet tall?
  • If they ever do perfect the virus that turns us all to zombies will the double tap rule work? If not I need to know, I have stuff to prepare.
  • Speaking of zombies, whats the sudden fascination with them? I'd much rather be a Vampire. Near limitless power AND you get to nibble on necks? You can fly, you never age and you never decompose. All wins.

1 comment:

  1. All entertaining thoughts. I'll take a stab at some...

    *On sitcoms, I think it might be one of those deals where we remember the good ones but throw out the junk. I loved Cheers and Married With Children, but much like today, 90% of the other stuff was complete recycled garbage. If you have a tape of an NFL game from 10, 20, even 30 years ago, watch the promos for the network's shows and I'm confident you'll see what I mean. And regarding today, I think you might be sleeping on Community, Parks and Recreation, and Raising Hope.

    *Whatever the reason, Romo needs to keep on doing what he's doing. Just good enough not to replace, just bad enough to never lead the Cowboys anywhere.

    *If you had a different name you might have a shot at branding, but as it is, if you tried people would just think you're talking about a "mat."

    *I do wonder what the next figure will be, after zombies and vampires, to have like 50 movies and TV shows made about it. My money's on goblins. You never hear about goblins anymore.

    ReplyDelete